Top Reasons To Visit Kendrick Lake Park In Lakewood, Colorado
If you reside in Colorado or are just passing through the beautiful City of Lakewood and are wondering how you, your family, and pets will pass the day, how about visiting Kendrick Lake Park located on 9351 W. Jewell Avenue in Lakewood, Colorado?
This amazing park located smack within the city offers you and your loved ones a chance to enjoy some quality fun time without having to worry about the hassles of pre-planning. So what makes Kendrick Lake Park uniquely attractive?
Top Features Of The Kendrick Lake Park
1. It has a one of a kind Xeriscape Garden
The park has one of the most acclaimed botanical parks in the world. At the southeast corner of the park, you will find 10 beds filled with over 400 botanical species that thrive throughout the year. The beauty of the garden is that it incorporates native and exotic plants that can survive and bloom throughout the year. If you are interested in gardening, you can get invaluable hints on how to maintain an exquisitely designed garden that incorporates all types of plants.
2. It is open all year long
Whether it is a weekday, weekend, or holiday, you can always enjoy the pleasures of the Kendrick Lake Park. This park opens from 5 am to 10 pm each day.
This park has something for everyone. One minute, you can be biking around the paved paths or strolling around with your dog, and the next minute you could be fishing in the reservoir in the park. The best part is that the park is designed and created in such a way that people of all ages can find some enjoyable activity to undertake within the park borders.
4. Ample free parking
One of the most annoying experiences you can have on visiting a public park is the lack of parking. This is not the case at Kendrick Lake Park. Here, you will always find a free and secure parking space for your vehicle.
What Are Some Of The Activities You Can Undertake In Kendrick Lake Park, Lakewood, Colorado?
• Cycling – How about packing bikes for the entire family and enjoying some quality time around the well-maintained and paved paths found around the park?
• Walking/Strolling – The park has some well-paved paths that you can use to release some of the pent up energy in your body by strolling around. For example, you can walk your dog on the 1-mile path that loops around the lake reservoir.
• Playing – The park has a well-maintained playground perfect for young kids. The playground has secure fun items such as slides for your kids to enjoy throughout the day.
• Picnicking – Want to have a quality time with your loved ones? How about enjoying lunch choosing a scenic picnic spot to relax and enjoy a meal with your family? You can also choose to picnic at one of the many tables in the park or even reserve one of the special picnic tables on offer in advance.
• Grilling – At Kendrick Lake Park, you can reserve a grill and enjoy an afternoon barbecue with your family and friends.
• Visiting the lake and ponds – Within the park, you will find a lake and several ponds surrounded by lush greenery where you can relax and enjoy the view of the entire park.
• Fishing – If you are looking to teach your kids how to fish or you are a fishing enthusiast, you can enjoy a serene afternoon in the waters fishing at one of the waterbodies in Kendrick Park.
Lakewood, Colorado has many attractions but none is likely to offer you and your loved ones a more relaxed and fun afternoon like Kendrick Lake Park. Make a point of visiting the park when you next find yourself in Lakewood, won’t you?
Looking for clear and clean air, the great winter sports, and exceptional cultural attractions in cities such as Denver and Boulder? Visit Green Mountain Beer Company.
Kendrick Lake Park in Lakewood, CO
9351 W Jewell Ave, Lakewood, CO 80232, United States